The tasting was conducted by world renowned expert, Charles Metcalfe, who also judges Cellars in the Sky, and among the wines he presented were:
- Casa Valduga Arte Tradicional Brut
- Campos de Cima Extra Brut
- Sanjo Nubio Sauvignon Blanc
- Don Guerino Varietal Mocato Giallo
- Don Guerino Merlot Reserva
- Aurora Varietal Merlot
- Casa Valduga Raizes Cabarnet Franc
- Monte Paschoal Virtus Tannat
- Aurora Moscato Rosé Sparkling Wine
- Monte Paschoal Moscatel Sparkling
Brazil is now the third largest wine producer in South America. Its six different wine producing regions include Serra Gaúcha, where Vale dos Vinhedos is located, Serra do Sudeste, the country’s newest winemaking area, and the São Francisco Valley, which has two harvests per year. The impressively wide range of Brazilian wines includes Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay, together with other grapes such as Ancellota, Touriga Nacional, Malvasia Bianca and Prosecco.
Many of the wines presented on the night already have UK distributors that include Berkmann Wines Cellars, Casa Leal, Go Brazil Wines, Oakley Wine, and Stevens Garnier.
For more information contact the commercial section of the Brazilian Embassy in London.
During the evening, and also at the World Travel Market, Brazilian chocolate was also being promoted as the award winning Aquim chocolate becomes more readily available in the UK through outlets such as Selfridges, Fortnum & Mason, etc.